Monday, January 31, 2011

January 30th Sunday

I enjoyed church today, but once again shock through sharing time, I wish I had an answer to this puzzling thing in my life. It has only been happening about the last year. I just don't understand it all. Like I have said before they are children, what can be scary about children. I kept waking up all night going over the lesson in my head, but even that didn't calm my nerves. It was a great day and I am so grateful for all the wonderful children, but I need some help. I think the only person that can give it to me is my Father in Heaven. I pray that he will give it to me. The Men and Women met the last hour because it is the 5th Sunday. Of course I wasn't there because I am in charge of the primary, but I hear about it. We as a ward have been listening to talks on marriage in our sacrament meeting, for the last 2 week, so the topic of discussion was marriage. One comment was made by Brother Hoopes that was an inspiration to all that was present. We are taught our whole lives by our parents, so we do what our parents do. He said his wife's parents don't have a good relationship at all and his parents are divorces, so a lot of what each one of them do comes from there parents. One day they both realized this and decided to do thing the way they would do them rather than the way their parents would do them. They found themselves saying I did that just like my Dad, or I did that just like my Mom and that is not me. So they would change. He said through a lot of prayer we have changed that but it has taken a lot of time. I didn't ever even think of that before and I am grateful for the incite, because hopeful I can become myself and a better person. This experience has taught me a lot. I guess you could say, a teaching moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment