Monday, January 17, 2011

January 16th Sunday

I am so grateful that I was able to attend Conference today. Once again it was wonderful. We had 2 youth speakers. Andrew Farnsworth and Rachael Eggett. I and Frank taught Andrew in primary, it is amazing to see him so grown up and able to speak with such conviction. He is a council for a handicap group. He talked about how much they had made him grow and become a better person. He expected he would help them, but just the opposite has happened. Rachael talked about how important the family was how they do things together, vacation, have family night and scripture and prayers. It just made you want to be a better person. But once again the talk the struck me the most was Sister Karren's. She talked about the story in the bible about Jarius. He came to Jesus and asked him to come quickly because his daughter was very sick. Of course as Christ walked the people just gathered around him, and Jarius realizes that the time for his daughter is running short. Once again he pleads please come my daughter is very sick. At this time the lady with the issue of blood touches his robe. He feels it so strong. The apostles are wondering how he can tell there are so many people around him. At any rate he tells the lady that her faith has made her whole. Then he continues on but as he walks one of Jarius's friends comes and says, leave the master alone, your daughter is dead. Jarius is stuck with heart ache and he turns to the Savior. The Savior says 5 simple words to him, "Be not afraid, just believe. They go to Jarius's houses and there are people standing around. The Savior says, your daughter is not dead she is just resting. The people began to laugh. Jesus kind of pushes those people out of the room. Then he takes Jarius's daughters hand and tells her to arise, and she does. What a tender story. I realized through this story that Jarius was pleading for the Savior to hurry and yet he knew that Jarius's daughter would be fine. All this man needed to do was trust in the Savior. That is the way my life is right now. I need answers to my prayers with what I think is urgency. The Lord is telling me to "Be not afraid, just believe." I know that what I heard in this simple little story was just for me. I appreciated Sister Karren sharing it because she told it with such emotion and tenderness. She had a son die of heart problems so she knew exactly how Jarius felt. She realizes that the Lord loves each one of us individually. It was an amazing talk. The Lord does care about us, he is trying so hard to make us understand to just be patient. The whole conference was just good for me to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment