I watched a movie it was called "Mades Family Reunion." It is a movie that I love certain parts in. One is where the familly has gathered together at a reunion. I love the words that are spoken by one of the elderly ladies at the reunion. I know I didn't get all the words and would like to copy the words but I did get some of the words. "Family reunions are about uniting a family. Reuniting the young and old. Giving thanks to God. When we drove up the street we saw young girls half dressed, young boys gambling. What happened to the pride the dignity, the love, and respect. Your relatives that came before you worked hard for this land, they gave there all. They worked to recieve whatever they got. Young men take your place, your sons and daughter need you. Take your place starting now. Young women you are more than your thighs and hips, you are divine young women. Take your place. Hug the person next to you tell them you will do anything for them. God expects families to care about each other. Tell your family you are willing to do anything for them, or give them anything, all they need do is ask. We are a family and at any time we should be able to rely on one another because we are family. And that is what God expects of you." I know I forgot a lot, but this is what families are all about. We are here to make people better, to be the kind of family to each other that we should, even though we think at times they don't deserve it.
It is Saturday and tomorrow is Sunday. I am still a little concerned about Sharing Time tomorrow, we will see how it goes. My husband has given me some great idea's and I know that I have plenty of stuff to take up the time, I am just having a hard time getting over this crazy unsteadiness. I just pray that I make it through tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment