I have been in bed again today. Thanks to my husband I am sitting in a beautifully cleaned room and bathroom, and because of that I can handle things a little better. While in bed I have listened to the sounds of Sunday. What a blessing music is in our life. It can bring such sweetness and peace. I have also had the opportunity to turn the TV on channel 21 which is wonderful. President Hales is speaking right now. He is talking about us and our choices. He talked about when he was a youth and he had the job of shellacking floors. On one particular occassion, he found himself shellacked into a corner. Rather than shellacking from the corner to the doorway he had done opposite and found himself stuck in a corner. He had taken away his free agency. He only had two choices he could either stay there and wait until the room dried or he could travel across the very sticky floor and cause himself to have to start all over resand, reshellack redo the floor. Just like in all choices we make. We can make life easy for ourselves just as we can shellack ourselves into a corner. He talked of Martin Harris who wanted to show family a portion of the plates. He went to Joseph Smith and asked please let me. Joseph Smith inquired of the Lord. Finally the Lord told Joseph Smith to do what he wanted too. So Joseph Smith let Martin Harris have that portion of the plates. They were lost. The Lord will only tell us No so long then he will let us make our own decisions. We have been counseled many times as to what we should do but in the end it is our decision. That decision can put us in corner with no escape, or it can give us all the agency we want. It is that way with everything we chose, a job we may be interested in, a school we may insist on going too, a carrier we may insist on pursuing, a marriage that we may insist on happening or chosing to go to the temple or not. These are all choices that can effect the rest of our lives. This talk was given by Elder Hales on Sept 2010 at BYU if you want to look it up. It really made me stop and think.
My daughter made it back home after being in Phoneix since Monday. A miracle happened for her and I am grateful that they are safe home. On the way home they arrived in a small town because they had run out of gas. After looking around they realized that there were no gas stations open, they chose to stay over night in a hotel. Suddenly realizing that the hotels were out of their reach, Nate determined that they would have to sleep in the car until morning. Lisa said Nate we need to go on, it isn't warm in this car. He said Lisa we are out of gas. She said I know that but if you are willing to drive to the next town. I have the faith and I know we will make it. Well they did make it, it was truly a miracle. I am sure it was over 25 miles away. Nate was almost in tears when they finally made it. Nate said now you are going to talk about this in church at every meeting for years. Lisa said you are absolutely right. I am so happy for her because we need to show gratitude to the Lord. He caused a miracle to happen and we need to acknowledge that, and share it.
No comments:
Post a Comment