Sunday, April 3, 2011
March 30th Wednesday
Well I have been teaching JL how to cut out and make a maternity shirt. I have been unpicking a project I started with KLC on Saturday. She wanted a cute shirt so she cut it from a shirt that she loved. She cut the side seams a little to small so I am taking it apart to fix, the problem. JL is cutting out the maternity shirt now that I have showed her how to lay the pattern on the material. T&K went to savers to pick out some things that they are refashioning. They want to refashion shirts for the pregnant women in our family and TC found her a dress to refashion. It seems that when someone gets the desire to sew everyone does. I guess it is just catching. I am grateful for that but it makes the sewing room crowded. One thing is for sure I want to thank my daughter for doing a refashioning blog, because it has caused my other children to create such beautiful things. It is like my daughter said, isn't it interesting that in our years of struggling we learn to become industrious. She didn't have money to go and buy anything new but she could see the wisdom in the phrase; fix it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without. We learn a lot when we need too. JL is doing fantastic on her first project. She has made drapes before but nothing to wear. For her first project she picks a shirt with a collar and an opening panel in the front. I think it is one of the hardest things there is to sew. She got it cut out and started on it tonight. She got the panel in the front done. She spent most of her time cutting the shirt out. She is doing a great job. I will see her again tomorrow. K&T picked out 2 darling tops to refashion and a really cute dress. KC started on one of the shirts she was pretty excited. She cut it down did some sewing, I helped. Then it looked bad so she took out the gathering on the front and moved it to the sides. It is fun to watch her. But soon she became very discouraged and quit. She asked her brother to look at what she was making for his wife. He told her he hated it and that brought her into a I give up on this project. So I took over. I took it apart and cut it right. Then I took the elastic out of the top of the sleeves so it was just going down the side. I fixed the ribbing on the front, then I took it in to her bedroom where she was being a little moody. Then I told her what we could do with it. Make some flowers and put them on the side. Suddenly she was all excited but she wanted to give the shirt to someone else. She is a funny girl, the person it was suppose to be for hadn't even seen it. I almost forgot my meeting with one of my primary boys. She is advancing to the young men so I needed to go and interview him. He is an awesome young man and truly ready to recieve the priesthood. I wish every young man could be as ready as this one was. He is amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment