Monday, May 24, 2010

April 22nd Thursday

We found out today that Katrina didn't have a wedding dress. Sometimes it is hard to deal with a son that doesn't tell you what is going on. We found out that Katina was sent a wedding dress from California that was her sisters dress. But it is to big and it is too long. But it was taken to a dry cleaning place to be dry cleaned. Lisa called and said that we needed to just go buy one. That set the ball in motion. Frank got on the Internet and started to search on KSL.com and Craig's list. After searching for a while we decided on one that we thought looked beautiful. The was clean and perfect. The lady had kept it very nice. We were so excited and we thought the dress was close to Katrina's size. So Michelle got on the phone and called the lady. Michelle talked her down to %150.00, it was 200. So we scheduled a time to meet with her. I knew that the dress would fit my twins, so I figured it would fit Katrina. After a bunch of texts and phone calls we finally got a hold of Katrina and found out where she had taken the wedding dress to be cleaned, and also gave her a time to meet with the lady about the dress on the internet. We ran to the dry cleaners and a miracle happened, they hadn't started to clean it yet. After picking the dress up from the dry cleaners we had to make a few stops. We had to return the little metal cans and flowers, everyone thought they were ugly. Then we had to pick up some more flowers to go in vases, and some ribbon to go around the vases. Well once again in our search for these things we found some other beautiful things, and miracles continued to happen. We went to Roberts and found some perfect 2" pale ribbon. It was the only ribbon they had on sale. It was 25 yards and they had it on sale for half price. It was $4.50 for the whole roll. We were truly blessed in going there. Next we went to Walmart and returned the unwanted flowers, then we found the perfect ones and we found some beautiful satin little peachy pink material to go on the tables. It is as though we were guided everywhere we went today. The Lord certainly had his hand in all that we did. I am so grateful. This wedding is going to come together. Thank-you to Lisa and especially Michelle, she has saved me once again. She did with Emily's wedding.

Michelle went and picked up Katrina from work, then went to try the wedding dress on at our internet ladies. It fit like a glove Michelle said. Katrina seemed to love it so Lisa, Michelle and I all pitched in $50.00 and we bought the dress. Katrina came to try it on for me and Phillip. I wish Phillip was a little more enthusiastic about it. He just said Katrina what do you think. They decided it needed to be taken up on the shoulders and a bunch of the beads needed to be taken off. So Michelle with good intentions started to take beads off. But the beads on the embroidered flowers were not suppose to be removed. There were so many beads on the dress that it took Michelle 2 hours to remove them all. Then the dress was handed to me, unfortunately when you remove one bead a bunch more fall off. So I spent from 7 PM to 5 AM repairing the dress. It was a long night. But I knew it had to be done, because Michelle had arranged to take Katrina's pictures the next morning bright and early. By the time I got done the dress was beautiful and I am sure will fit Katrina like a glove.

One other thing that was a total miracle and a tender mercy for the Lord tonight was a special phone call I got from a dear member of our ward. Her name is Sue. She called me close to 10:00 and said, I felt like I should call you. I have the feeling that you need some help. I am willing to sew anything that you need me too. I almost started to cry here was the answer sent from above to take away some of my stress. We talked for a while and she consented to making all the grand kids there little pink summer dresses. Yes miracles do happen. I am so grateful for special people who receive and act upon inspiration. Thank-you Sue.

No comments:

Post a Comment