It has certainly been a great but rewarding day today. I have worked all day long preparing the meal for this evening. My mother offered to let us have the wedding dinner at her home. Phillip and Katrina requested that only her family and our family plus grand parents are invited. So we did just that. I made a Mexican dinner. I guess I expected more help form my children than what I got, but they were all crazy busy with other things. Michelle was really the only one to help me and it is a little hard with 3 children. Frank took care of the shredded pork for me which was a big part of it. I seasoned it all and then he shredded most of it when it was about done. I helped a little. But I was making lemon rice, cooking black beans, making tortilla shells, making the guacamole and the cilantro dressing. I also got the tomato's chopped and got the cheese ready. Michelle made the salsa. We also got some sour cream. I know that it doesn't sound like it could have taken me all day but it did. I made two patches of tortilla shell's which is over 100 shells. It was amazing to me that all the shells were eatten except about 10. Everyone in attendance enjoyed themselves greatly. We all had a great time talking about Katrina and Phillip, especially their parents. We got to meet all of Katrina's family and her grandparents. The Hansen's got to meet all the Craven family and both sets of grand parents. It was a great evening. Everyone will remember the great time that we had. Katrina's family are wonderful people and we felt honored to be with them for a night. We will certainly be happy to have Katina a part of our lives. Thank-you to all that helped and participated in a great evening. It was certainly a miracle having it all come together so well as it did.
Tamara, Kimberly and Michelle made the wedding cake tonight. I didn't think Tamara could do it, but she did. It is beautiful and I am so happy for there hours of work. They are amazing. If you put my children together they can accomplish anything. I think Phillip and Katrina will absolutely love it. I am just so impressed. Great Job Girls!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment