It has been a crazy day but so rewarding. Kim and Tam graduated. Everyone of my children that could make it were there. It was so fun to see Tamara and Kimberly walk through the "O". They walked through one after the other. We enjoyed watching everyone that we knew walk through as well. Neil and Michelle got there late, but they made it. They made Kimberly and Tamara each a candy necklace. There favorite candy for sure. We took a while to find Tamara and Kimberly after the commencement exercises. It was in the Marriot Center and they had about 500 in their graduating class, so it took a long while. But finding them afterwards was a real chore. When we finally did, the pictures started. Some of their friends came up and wanted pictures as well, then suddenly we spotted Elder Holland. He was there watching one of his granddaughters graduate. It was so fun to see him, but more fun when Kimberly and Tamara got a picture with him. Michelle walked up to him and said, Elder Holland can I shake your hand, you are one of my favorite people. His response was you are one of my favorite people as well. It was fun to watch how excited each of my children got when they saw him. Jennifer asked him if they could have a picture with him and the twins. She took the picture and Michelle took one as well. But the most interesting part is that Jennifer was shaking like a leaf. I have never seen anyone shake so bad except me. They asked me to tell about the twins in Relief Society at the first of the month. Because they will soon go to Relief Society so I has to introduce them to everyone. Well I got up to speak and had each one of the girls at my side. They had to hold me because I was shaking so bad. I know how Jennifer felt. But it was a very rewarding experience to see the whole experience with Elder Holland happen, because he is such a wonderful person.
After the graduation Frank and I took Kimberly and Tamara out to eat, as we have done all of our children on their graduation day. We took Kimberly and Tamara to Chili's and had some incredible food. I very much enjoyed it. Then we returned home to the rest of the family. We watched a movie called "Leap Year". It was very enjoyable and an enjoyable day. But the most rewarding thing of all was just seeing the twins with Elder Holland. Elder Holland is one of my most favorite people at conference time. He inspires me so much. I am so grateful for his life and his words. He is amazing. The best thing of all is that being able to shake Elder Hollands hand was one of the things on Kimberly's bucket list, and she accomplished it on her graduation day. It was wonderful to see. The miracle that happened today was all day long. A true miracle.
No comments:
Post a Comment