I have been working on the dress all day long again today. I added another 2 inches to the skirt and I took out a lot of the gathering to be able to do that. All I can say is I hope that it fits when I finally get done with it all. I love the pleats. It has been a mess though. Every time that I touch the skirt I run it somewhere. Every time I sew it seems to run on the machine. This material is a night mare. I think it looks stupid because they didn't buy an invisible zipper. I am just a little frustrated today because it would have been beautiful if it had of been another material. I will get it finished so I called Emily can pick it up. She asked me how much and I told her $75.00. I could tell it wasn't what she expected. A few minutes later her mother called me back and said they could get a professional to do it for $60.00. I said whatever you fell is right, that would be fine. I felt bad. I have redone this dress to tailor fit. If I could have finished it as a size 10 I wouldn't be so frustrated, because there wouldn't be as many snags in it. It is sometimes not so fun to sew for others.
Kimberly and Karalee continue to work on Math. Kimberly and Tamara finally finished all there art and got everything turned in by the due date. I am so glad that is over. It has consumed their lives that is for sure. I am not sure that they will ever do art again. They got their portfolio done and everything turned in on tuesday, they were given the extra time just as we had hoped. So Math is our only thing that seems to hold Kimberly back for now. Karalee and Kimberly went to take one the last tests today. The final will be on Monday evening. When they took the test I prayed that a miracle would happen, that Kimberly would have all she had studied for brought back to her memory. She took the test and as she was ready to stand up and leave, she suddenly remembered 2 of the problems that she wasn't sure about. She remembered how to do them. So she went back and fixed them. If she had not done that she would not have passed. Thanks for the gift of the Holy Ghost and prayers. We are so happy right now. One more final and the class will be done. They will study hard over the weekend and go to see a tutor again.
Emily, Lisa and I went to the temple again today. It was kind of a womens thing. I am grateful for the opportunity. It always makes me feel so wonderful. The spirit is so strong and I know that I am actually accomplishing something worth while in the temple.
Emily came to pick up the skirt while I was gone. She told the girls that I didn't put the tie on it. I was a little taken back because I don't ever remember them telling me too. More work and the skirt is done. I am just a little frustrated. I will leave this one for tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment