Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May 8th Saturday

Neil should be very proud of himself today, because he was incredible. We were all up in SLC at 7:00 this morning. Neil, Michelle, Frank, Paul, Emily, Ann, Lisa, Tamara, and all the Walters, Mark, Val, Crystal and husband Mike, Michelle and husband, Angela, Matt and wife, Jon and wife, and a lot of volunteers. We passed out brochures until 10:30 when they started the meeting. We kept talking to delegates in between the voting for different candidates. For Governor "Herbert" stayed in. For Senator we lost "Bennett" Mike Lee and Tim Bridgewater are running a primary. Neil and Philpot spoke. Neil was powerful and amazing. I have never heard such an incredible speech among all the candidates that were there. He did an incredible job. He asked his cousins oldest son to get up and endorse him. He thinks a lot of Neil so he wrote a speech and presented it to his class. They were so impressed with it that they let him give it over the loud speaker. So Neil asked him to give a 30 second speech. It was amazing, then Neil spoke. I can't even begin to tell you how fabulous it was. It is on his website if you want to hear it. The delegates cast their vote. Neil was 42% Morgan was 56% Elison was 2%. Incredible for a young man to campaign for only 4 months and get a 42%, what a miracle, especially when Morgan has been working at it for 6 years. Well some of the delegates for the South left to get home not knowing there was to be another vote. So when the votes were recast Neil got a 39.91% and Morgan got a 60.13%. Neil lost by 1 and 1/2 votes. People felt sick, from his neck of the woods when they found out they left to soon. They just didn't know. Also Frank was one of the people who was asked to go in the ballot room to watch the counting. He asked for the ballots to be re-counted twice. He said everyone in there was so kind. And although they wanted to get home, they were all wonderful. Philpots person were wonderful too. He said a lot of spiritual things happened in that room and he knew it was the Lords desire that it turn out the way it did. Miracles happen, and this whole experience was one big miracle. Of all the people to be in the ballot room and see everything happen, I was glad Frank was there. He is still fasting and I am sure that is way so many spiritual things happened for him. Thank-you Frank.

Neils speech was given with such power and conviction. It was fantastic! Michelle helped and contributed so much. I am sure she was plenty proud of her husband and he was proud of her. They worked hard together. They were certainly amazing at what they did. A husbands wife can make or break a man. Michelle you are amazing!!!!!

"Neil in our eyes you won. We couldn't ask for a better son-in-law" I remember Lisa having an experience in High School with a foster daughter. They were both trying out to be in show and chamber choir. They were asked to sing a specific song. when Lisa got through with the song she knew she had not made it within her heart. But she also knew that the words of the song that she sung had great meaning to her, and that our foster daughter would not be able to feel that same way. I was so rewarded today, just being at the Salt Palace delegate meeting. So many good people. People that loved and respected Neil. As we were passing out brochures 2 gentlemen very nicely dressed, (in suits) walked by me. I reached out my hand and tried to hand them a brochure. They said, "No we don't need one of those" then walked away. Then they turned around and came back. One of the gentlemen said to me, we have talked extensively to both candidates. Neil talks about the issues extensively and explains his views and never skirts from them. Morgan doesn't talk anything about specific issues, he avoids them. And he is swayed by people and their views. I know which one I want in Congress. If Morgan changes his mind now, what will he do when he gets in Congress. At that moment, as they walked away tears filled my eyes. I knew Neil was a man of integrity and honor. I felt a little like Lisa, I knew if Neil didn't win it didn't matter any more. He is a man of the Lord and he would be proud to call him, "My son".

As we heard the final results I was so proud of Neil, we couldn't find him and suddenly I say him. He went right over to congratulate the party that won. Sometimes they were very rude and mean to us. But Neil would always be gracious. As I walked away I heard a gentleman say to his family, "They just lost a good man". I feel that same way, because Neil is who he is. But because of who he is he will have many more opportunities presented to him. More than he can count. Way To Go Neil!!!!!!!!!

Kimberly came up later with Michael. She wanted to be there for Neil, the Math was overwhelming her and she just couldn't do it any more. We were happy to have her. Lisa went home with Mike because he didn't feel well. Karalee has been working on Math all day with Kimberly, but offered to stay and tend Grace and Emma. Jennifer and Derrick offered to baby sit the other kids and I know it wasn't easy for them. Because Madison was sick and throwing up. Thank-you to everyone for all there help. I know it was a family effort on every ones part. We appreciate all you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After the meetings the Walters took us out to dinner for everyone's help. We enjoyed it and once again Frank would not eat. But on the way out of the restaurant by the Salt Palace, we saw a homeless man sitting on a park bench. (We had taken some leftovers with us because Kim and Tam weren't really hungry so they cut their hamburgers in half.) The man asked if we had something to eat. I don't think anyone really heard him except me. When we got to the car, Frank asked what did he say. I said he wanted something to eat. So we put a bunch of food in one of the carry out containers that had been given to us and Frank took the food back. The homeless guy took it and said, Is this for me. Frank said, yes. He said, well I'm going to eat it. Frank said, go ahead. He repeated the same thing several times. And Frank answered the same thing. Then he started to eat it. As we pulled away we saw him sharing with others. It is a miracle to me how service works. The Walters bought us dinner, we shared it with a homeless man. He shared it with someone else. Miracles happen!!!!!!! I am so grateful for this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment