Monday, December 27, 2010

December 24th Friday

It is Christmas Eve and I can't believe I am so sick. I know that once I recover from this I will be ever so grateful to be back on my feet again. I feel like I have every kind of flue all mixed into one. I can't even describe how horrible it is. So Christmas Eve goes on without me. Christmas Eve has always been such a special time in our home. We gather together and have a wonderful dinner, get excited about Christmas. Talk about the true meaning of Christmas, count our blessings, and do some service. Well I guess that would be one of my special hopeful Christmas Eves. Not everything I want to happen does. But our dinner will be made by my children. They will all contribute something. My twins will do the pies with Emily, and hopeful it will all be what everyone wants. Of course I don't know I've heard a lot of beating in the kitchen, and I don't think pies need to be beaten, but I guess I could be wrong. I feel bad Frank invited his parents but after I got sick they decided not to come. I guess dinner was great everyone came who could and it was a great meal. After the meal and cleaning up my children all went caroling. I guess I was a great crowd. Kim, Tam, Emily, Katrina, Phillip, Karalee and Benje. We heard great reviews. They even came to my bedroom and sang, of course that consisted of pretty much my children and Katrina. I have wanted to go choraling every year, to hear them and all their beautiful voices did nothing but make me cry. I could have listened to them all night long. It made my Christmas Eve. I didn't eat because I have been so sick but my children made things all worth while, just by their special singing.

But I think that the most tender part of the evening came when everyone had left my room, and I was alone. One of my daughters came up and gave me a hug and said, " I'm sorry that your sick, they she gave me a kiss on the forehead. Rubbed my head for a minute then gave me another kiss and told me that she loved me. I hope some day that this daughter will find a young man who is her equal and is as loving and caring and tender as she is. She is a very special young lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment