It is Christmas the special day of the birth of our Savior. What meaning that statement has, because we can't even comprehend that special day. And because it is a special day we should understand that to each of us Christmas has a special meaning that should be shared in the hearts of all of us.
My girls tried to make me look presentable still being very sick so I could enjoy the day with the family. They postponed the day until 10 just so I could be there. When I got down their we all gathered around to watch the DVD "The Savior of the World". It is a short video found on utube presented about the Saviors Birth. You watch it all by listening to music. It is beautiful. It made me understand the reverence that was felt at the Savior's birth. Everyone who was there seemed to understand the great magnitude of that special day. Even the animals were in reverance and awe. It made me so appreciative of who I am and that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and that I have a testimony of the Savior and his special day. After the DVD we knelt in prayer, then we started unwrapping presents. Karalee finally got to see her dresses. I hope she wears them. I spent so many hours on them. She seemed to appreciate the fact that I did them. All of my children had a great Christmas. I think Kimberly and Tamara were the most emotional. After all the unwrapping was done I told them their next gift would be found our in Grandpa's shop. My father asked me if I wanted a dresser for Christmas. I told him I would love one but little did I know what he was really doing. He decided to make 2, one for Kimberly and one for Tamara. Unfortunately he fell last week and I knew he couldn't do what he intended on doing so I didn't think another thing about it, but Mom called Frank and told him Dad needed help in the shop. He spent most of Christmas Eve out there and early Christmas morning helping get them done. It humbles me to think that my father would want to be of such great service and kindness to us and our family even when he is in so much pain. Now that to me is the true meaning of Christmas. A Grandfather who loves his grand chidren so much that he will suffer in pain for them. This Christmas we have certainly been blessed by my angels. My children and their spouses have certainly done their share of being our angels. Thank-you everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment