Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December 7th Tuesday

Another cute little story I want to share. Grace decided to fast on Sunday because it was fast Sunday. It was really hard for her, because she is 9. He Mother explained to her that she would be fasting with her father. Michelle was not fasting because she is pregnant and that is not something a pregnant lady can do. Grace was doing great until her mother and sister's and brother had french toast for breakfast. Graces favorite. It was hard for her and she started to whine about the breakfast. Michelle took her little daughter to the other room and explained that she knew it was hard to fast. Then she told her a story. She said do you remember when we went to Salt Lake so that we could see if your father won the primary's or not. She said, "Yes". Michelle explained to her that that day was crazy, we were passing out brochures, putting up signs. We were all really busy, well that day your Grandfather was in to his 3 day in fasting. He needed the Lord's help, so he felt that this was really important. At the end of the day your other Grandfather wanted to take everyone to Iggy's for supper. We went and your grandfather still didn't eat a thing. Do you think that was really hard for him? She said, I know it was and I can do this. Miracles can happen by example.

I have spent the day trying to get some sewing done. But I always get side tracked in doing other things, and I don't seem to accomplish all I need too. Its Christmas and this year I wanted to get a lot of sewing done. Each day I tell myself I can accomplish more than I do. But I have loved doing it again. it is fun to get back into sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment