Tuesday, March 29, 2011
March 23rd Wednesday
Today has been one of those days that I have wanted to give up on the day, then I went to Relief Society, of course I couldn't find anyone to go with me, so I was sad about that. J&D went to the temple, my Mom and RH went to ADH birthday party, KHC had other obligations. So I went by myself. I am so grateful that I did. It was a fantastic meeting. We ate dinner and then we had Sister Vincent give us some great information on hope, that a pioneer lady, who is part of her ancestors experienced. Then a lady who isn't a part of our ward was asked to speak. She spoke about some amazing things. When she was a mother of 4 small boys she found herself divorced and having to go back to school and find work to support her small family. She was also presented with another problem. Her 14 month old little boy was not normal. He ate his silverware and his glass plates. He ate electrical plugs while they were plugged in the wall. She would find a pair of scissors thrown across the room stuck in the Sheetrock and a plug cut in half. She knew she was going to find her little boy dead in the room, but instead she found him hiding smiling, saying that was a buzz. She lost it no job, a crazy little boy, and she had gotten a call that the bank was foreclosing on her home. It was 11 at night, it had been a hard day. No one could find a cure for her little boy. So she sat down at the table and cried. Some one walked through her front door. She said at this point she didn't care who it was a what they were going to do. She hated life and the mess she was in. While it wasn't a stranger, it was her father. She thought I am so happy my mother will make everything right. She will give me the money to catch up on my house payments, she will help me with my boys and she will have a solution to my little son. But her mother was there, it was just her father. He said, go in the kitchen and take a paper towel, wipe away those tears. Then go in your bedroom and pray to the Lord he will know what you need to do with Dalian. He created Dalian, he is the only one that can help you. She realized that she could make it, that she could accomplish what she needed to with the Lord on her side. For years she tried to find out what was wrong with Dalian. Dalian would find batteries in her remotes and other places, smash them and suck the battery acid out. A doctor said he had a convention in China where many doctors would meet, surly someone in the world had this same problem, but that didn't happen no one in the world had this problem, they could not find an answer, so there wasn't hope. One day she took him to a doctor who thought he could help. She was very nervous about bring the child in the office. The doctor just told her she was taking things to hard, so sit down and calm down. With in 1 minute after she brought him into the room he found a thermometer ate the end off and sucked out the mercury. The doctor called a code red and panicked, they this dear sister had to tell her doctor to sit down and calm down, there was nothing to worry about. He broke open walls, eat the sheet rock and the insulation he called cotton candy and eat it as well. She said he is now 21 and as crazy as ever. But I know that the Lord loves me and he takes care of me. I went to school, became a school teacher, continued in school and now at am a principal. I am remarried to a wonderful man. She is also the Stake Relief Society President of a single adult stake. She made a promise to the girls there if you go to your meetings, if you do your visiting teaching and if you pay your tithing, the Lord will help you in school. One young lady came to her a few months after she made this promise and told her this story. She was suppose to take a test in her stats class. She hadn't studied as much as she would like too, but she went to take the test anyway. She went to take the test and found out that it was a week earlier. It was a term test. She was very concerned so she went to the professor. She explained her circumstances and he told her she could take the test in a week. It was something that had never been done. She ended out taking the test with a 98% on the test. Miracles happened for this young lady because she did what she was suppose to do. This dear sweet lady has been through so much. She said she has the picture of the Savior that is done in blue and portrays Christ coming at his second coming. It is hanging in her kitchen. It is there because it represents to her his out stretched hands to mean. I am here to help you in anyway that I can. I will take care of you and I am here for you. The Savior is her miracle, he has helped her make it through all she has needed to go through. I know that he can help me as well. I know I can make it through all I need to with his help. Tonight I went to a meeting that helped me so much. The whole meeting was on hope, and it truly was a miracle for me gave me great hope. I am so grateful that I went.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment